4 months post op and my breasts are sore when I don't wear a bra

I had 400cc breast implants in Feb 2016. I wore my surgical bra constantly for 45 days & then received no further instructions. I bought unlined full coverage no-wire bras from M&S. I usually wear this bra as its most comfortable. But if I try a cheap less supportive bra or sleep with no bra, my breasts just ache like crazy! Is this normal? Is it best I always wear a supportive bra? Are sports bras ok? Should I try a push up bra or a wired bra for more support? My incisions are under my areolas.

Post Op Bra Recommendation

Thank you for your question. Many Plastic Surgeons will advise you to avoid underwire bras for 6 weeks or more post op. There are a variety of surgical or sports bras which could be appropriate and comfortable for you. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon specifically for what they recommend.

All the best

Breast augmentation - still sore after 4 months

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• The best bra after a breast augmentation is one that makes you comfortable.
  • Sports bras often are the best - 
  • It sounds as though your implants may be a little large for you body - which is why the aching is lasting longer than normal.
  • Try a sports bra. If that's not comfortable, try any bra that gives you support that feels right for your body.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for your question, underwire bra are best to be worn 6 to 8 weeks after operation. however for your condition it is best to consult your surgeon for the best advice and recommondation.