I'm 19 days post operation lower facelift. Any suggestions? (photos)

Swelling under chin I had lower facelift and liposuction under chin will this settle? Face not as tight as it was after operation hope this doesn't loosen to much ??

Concerned about face lift at 19 days

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

• Everyone worries about their face lift - this is natural
  • You are still swollen
  • Discuss your concerns with your surgeon, ask if you need tape or bandage support for swelling and be prepared to wait 6 months to see your final result.
  • Already there is significant improvement but - we all want perfect without waiting but it does take time.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

19 Days After Facelift

I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Take care.  

Be patient

You are still in the infancy of your healing. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for the swelling to fully subside. For now, be patient. You will improve with time. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Facelift and swelling of neck

Hopefully bv now the swelling is settling down.  this can take time.
  1. arnica gel
  2. bromelain
  3. chin strap
  4. ice
  5. massage
  6. lymphatic drainage
  7. medrol dospak
Have all been used and all have some benefit

Facelift

Tough to answer from that picture. It seems as though you are compressing your chin downward in the photograph. Swelling can take several weeks to resolve but usually in the first couple weeks the neck looks tighter then it will eventually be. I would see how things look in a month and discuss your concerns with the plastic surgeon. Good standardize photos showing before and after with the same angle is very important to make judgment.

Good Luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after under chin lipo

at 19 days it is way too early to judge the under chin result. 
See you PS but lots of options to speed up your recovery including compression garments, low salt diets, Manual lymphatic drainage, ultrasound, massage... Have patience, have faith and maintain a close relationship with your surgeon, he or she will want to know how you are doing.

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fullness of the neck due to swelling several weeks after a facelift.

I do think you have legitimate concerns. I don't think that resolution of swelling is going to completely fix the problem but it is clearly too early to tell. Allow six months of healing before passing final judgment. Sometimes revisions are necessary.

Facelift

Neck liposuction involves infusing the tissues with a dilute lidocaine solution before removing the fat with suction.  For this reason, swelling in this area can persit for weeks, if not months.  Everything appears to be healing well, you may consider a compression garment when at home.  

Sagging neck after facelift

There are a few things you can do to make sure it does not continue to get worse.  If you're given a wrap to wear around the chin and neck area please start wearing it as much as possible.  Make sure you reduce her salt intake and do not gain any weight as that can affect this area as well.  If possible you should undergo Thermismooth treatments extending into the neck to tighten the skin during this healing period which will minimize any loose skin.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after lower facelift

It is very common to experience bruising and swelling post lower facelift and liposuction and it can take anything up to 3-6 months for everything to settle.

You made find a support garment may help to support your neck and reduce the inflammation otherwise I would suggest cool packs and gentle massage to assist in reducing the swelling.

Ensure you have your follow up consultation arranged with your surgeon