Reddish and pimples after hair transplantation? (Photos)

My head got reddish and sort of pimples after 16 days of hair transplantation. It itches allot before i sleep at night. Is this normal?

It is best to see your doctor for a follow up examination. Your doctor may want to treat you for the redness and

It is best to see your doctor for a follow up examination.  Your doctor may want to treat you for the redness and pimples.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

16 Post op redness and pimples

This case  is normal, as you have healing going on. I usually recommend my patients to use  Antihistaminic  tablets . If the itching and redness is not controlled, it is always a good idea to consult with your surgeon for a recheck in order to be sure if  there is infection or not . 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Pimples after hair transplant

Go back to your doctor and have your doctor examine you in case you have an infection which you would want to treat ASAP

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pimples after hair transplantation

The redness remains just after surgery and it is "normal" to stay 14 days or more. That pinkish redness/discoloration may fade away in a long time up to 3-4 months . İt depends on your skin color/fitzpatrick classification .(Lighter your color, more red discolored skin after surgery) ....I recommend you to use nothing for that temporary situation .itching is also normal and you can use a simple anti histaminic.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Reddish/Irritation after hair transplant

It looks like you may possibly have a case of Folliculitus and I would recommend that you follow up with your doctor. This is common and can easily be treated.  

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon