My hair is falling and thinning; what do I do?

Hello dear Doctor I would ask questions about my hair . My hair is falling and thinning . And i have some white hairs even in my childhood. I hope to get answers . I'm female and 22 years old

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Falling and thinning

Female pattern hair loss or genetic alopecia is the most common reason of hair loss in women and it is more common than it is thought to be. 25% of the women at the ages of 35-40, 50% of the women at the ages above 40 suffer from hair loss. 20% of the women with hair loss have a positive relative who suffered/is suffering from hair loss. Other reasons of hair loss are: Hypo- and hyper-tiroidism (hair loss may be one of the early signs of thyroid dysfunction, and hair loss stops after treatment); polycystic ovarian syndrome (an inherited ovarian disease, seen in 10% of the women during adulthood); pregnancy-related hormonal changes (temporary hair loss which can be seen during pregnancy stops after birth)..

The reason of the hair loss may be external factors, connective tissue disorders such as stress, anemia, lupus, medications, hormonal and seasonal changes, nutritional problems, severe diets, bulimia, protein/calorie deficiency, zinc and essential amino-acid deficiency, mal-absorption (intestinal and digestive problems), A-vitamin excess, general anesthesia, affective mood disorders.

Drugs that may cause hair loss in woman 

·         Anti-coagulants such as warfarin and heparin  

·         Epilepsy drugs, especially dilantin

·         Gout drugs, allopurinol and colchicum

·         Antihypertensive drugs, diuretics, beta blockers.... etc

So you have to have a full exam with an hair surgeon, internalist and/or endocrinologist to find out any reason for hair loss.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss in male

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon