What to do after under eye filler swelling? Could medication be helpful like antiallergy or anti inflammatory? (Photo)

Hello , i've got an under eye filler tow days ago and im looking like this ,warm swelling and buffy face . i had done this before twice ,but it was very good with no swelling or just very little and supside quickly , so that makes me wondering if this swelling will persist or what the cause for it ?is it allergy to the filler kind ?or it just inflammation ? could medications be usefull now ? note ( when i wakeup it get worse but im putting ice on the area that make it calm down little bits )

Swelling after filler

In my opinion ice is best for the swelling, also try to not lay flat and keep 2 to 3 pillows under your head to help with the swelling. It is not uncommon for this to happen 2 days after procedure. Thank you for your question.

Swelling under eye after filler, be patient

It is fine to have swelling two days out, be patient. Sleeping on two or three pillows with head elevated will help avoid that morning flare. Intermittent ice packs should help too (no ice directly on skin, ten minutes at time).

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Swelling following injection of Restylane

Thank you for sharing your question. The swelling should resolve within 2 weeks. Antihistamines and cold compresses might be beneficial. Some doctors recommend Arnica or even use a Medrol dose pack. If your remain swollen, Vitrase can be injected to dissolve the Restylane. Good luck,

Filler and swelling

Swelling is normal a couple of days out. Use ice for 10 minutes at a time and up to once an hour. I do not recommend any warm compresses as heat can increase swelling. It should improve in a day or two. Good luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

Filler side effects

Swelling under the eyes after injection is common and it is also not unusual to have more swelling in the morning after being prone all night. Keep 2 spoons in the freezer and apply them to the eyes in the morning and that will help.  No medication will help but time will.  During the day apply warm compresses to the area a few times

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist