I'm a 24 year old female; have lower abdominal numbness and very low sex drive after liposuction 7 months ago?

Hello dear doctors,iam 24 years old female have lower abdominal numbness and low sex drive after liposuction of my abdomen about 7 months ago wich i was very normal previously , now i dont know will it resolve especialy low sex drive why it happened does it corelate with liposuction it made me embaressed and very depressed, what therapy to take to recover Thanks best regards please help me

Numbness and change in sex drive after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am sorry to hear of these changes.
  • The numbness may return since after seven months all the swelling may not be gone.
  • However liposuction cannot directly affect sex drive -
  • But surgery can upset hormonal production of various kins.
  • I suggest you get a second opinion on the result of your surgery to see how you are healing
  • And have your regular doctor assess you both for hormonal malfunction including thyroid function and for depression.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS