I had an open rhinoplasty 10 days ago. After two days, I noticed bilateral asymmetry (Photo)

I had an open rhinoplasty 10days ago ,after two days I noticed bilateral asymmetry ,later after plaster removal my doctor told me the asymmetry is post operation odema and it will be resolved .my concern is that this asymmetry is permanent and not due to odema ?! I sent two photo one was taken day two and the other one day ten

10 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only ten days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

10 days post op is way too soon to critically analyze

Hello and thank you for the question. In short your surgeon is correct. Soft tissue swelling is often to blame and can linger for months before we know what truly is going on. In addition the post op time is one filled with anxiety and even the post-op blues. I try and tell my patients to wait at least 3 weeks before shooting selfies, staring into the mirror etc.....Patients all want the final result to come quickly but accepting the fact that your nose at 10 days is not going to be your nose at day 100 should provide some comfort. Talk to your surgeon and be patient for the final results. Good Luck to you!

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon