Severe bleeding after surgery on day 5.

Hi I had my rhinophlasty 12 days ago. After 5 days I went for check up and cleaning. I started a sever bleeding after doctor cleaned my nose. I had to return to ER and he packed my nose for extra 6 days with thampons. Today, He removed the thampons. No bleeding. However since last night I have had blood clots (dark red) coming down in my throat. I am really concerned what that could be? to me is not normal to have that fir more than 12 hours

Bleeding after rhinoplasty

Dear mmir85, I recommend following up with your rhinoplasty surgeon. You can be experiencing a posterior nose bleed and that is why you feel the bleeding/clots down your throat and not coming out the front of your nose. Some gentle oozing can be experienced after removal of nasal packing but this should not persist. I strongly urge you to follow up with your surgeon to be evaluated and a nasal exam completed. Best of luck!

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Touch base with your surgeon

I would recommend following up with your surgeon as your nose heals to ensure the best outcome.

Donald B. Yoo, MD