I've been using Latisse for 40 days, and can't see any results. Is it normal?

It's been less than 40 days since I started applying Latisse regularly but I haven't seen any noticeable results yet. Is this normal?

Latisse Results

Thank you for your question about how long it takes to see results using Latisse.

Everyone is different in how soon they will see results when they begin a Latisse regimen. Typically you will begin to see changes in around 8 weeks, with peak results at around 16 weeks. You must continue use of Latisse to maintain your results. Several factors can affect your results, such as using it daily and not missing doses, and proper application.

To be sure you get the results you desire, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

How long does it take Latisse to work

Hair regrowth is not instant-  Similar to hair transplantation and with all hair regrowth products it takes a period of time for medications/surgery to take effect.  In the case of Latisse full product effectiveness may not be seen for up to 2 months.   In the case of hair transplantation this can be up to 6 months as the hair initially goes into a dormancy period.  Be patient and continue application for the recommended duration.

Warm Regards,
Dr Quinton Chivers
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

No results at 40 days after Latisse

It can take up to 16 weeks to see the full effect from Latisse, so it is not unusual that you have seen no change after 40 days.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon