Contracted breasts at night after 7 day breast implant?

I've had a breast implant 7 days ago,after all that pains ,in 2 days ago i feel better just during the day and when i sleep at night my breasts get contracted to death so i wake up 6times at night to the morning(i've slept just 15 hours during last week & i just sleep in sitting position).i'm afraid that my breast capsular is something more seroius camparing to the others. When i don't walk and my doesn't move my breast gets contracted. Plz help me

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Muscle Spasms

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure! You may want to seek follow up with your surgeon as it may just be muscle spasms and would benefit from muscle relaxers to help you sleep. Good luck and congratulations again! 

"contracted breasts" at night 1 week after breast augmentation

It sounds like you are experiencing muscle spasm. Speak to your surgeon and consider using either a muscle relaxer or warm compresses while awake.

Breast tightening 1 week after surgery

Your symptoms sound like muscle spasms as it is definitely too early for a true capsular contracture. Medications like valium and flexeril can be helpful to relax the muscles, and some patients will benefit from physical therapy and gentle range of motion and stretching exercises.  You should see your surgeon sooner rather than later for an exam and assistance with your issues so you can get back on track with the healing process and get a good night of sleep!  Good luck!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  It is far too early for you to have developed a capsular contracture.  If you have breast implants are placed beneath the chest muscle, muscle spasms or contractions can occur in the first 2 weeks which can explain your discomfort.  Please contact your plastic surgeon and ask if warm compresses may be helpful.  In addition breast implant displacement exercises can certainly help but must be explained by your surgeon who will show you how to do them.