I had a nosejob and my surgeon has used synthetic cartilage in tip and columella.Is that going to cause problems in future?

Synthetic implants in the nose and long term risks

Using synthetic implants in the nose is commonly performed. It's fast and produces smooth lines. Many surgeons use them without issue. 

There is a life-time risk of infection and extrusion ( implant breaking through the skin). It's not a high risk, but it does happen and requires a big surgery to fix the complication. 

If you already have a synthetic implant, it is important to monitor your nose for signs of infection: redness, swelling, pain, drainage that require immediate treatment with antibiotics and an evaluation by your surgeon. 

If there are any concerns, it's best to bring them up with the surgeon who put the implant in your nose. Safety comes first!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon