Turning 30 in March - hoping to turn back the clock what should I have done? Endoscopic facelift? (Photos)

Not sure if I should have mid face lift? I downloaded an app that simulates surgery.. it straightened my nose and made my jaw more defined. I'll post it under pics- is this possible? I would like to look like I am in my early 20's... Botox is a definitive but what else? I feel like Gravity has taken its toll! I looked up endoscopic face lifts but there are mixed reviews. I don't want to look plastic/but I want to look revitalized. Sorry about the editing... But would like to keep this private

Mid face lift at 30?

Thank you for asking about your face lift.
  • First - you are young and beautiful - a great place to start.
  • Often the changes we see early can be revitalized with filler along the cheek bones -
  • The tissues on the cheek start to move downward in our late twenties.
  • I would definitely not have surgery -
  • But I would have an in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon, along with a good photo of yourself at twenty
  • Together, you can analyze the changes you see and the best treatments - often just filler and good skin care.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Turning back the clock?

At 30 the good news is that you still have a lot of collagen that can be stimulated.  You do not need surgery at this point.  We recommend a good skin care regimen that includes medical grade products like Retin A and good sunblock.  Laser's have come a long way and can stimulate collagen too.  Check out the Forever Young BBL.  Be Well!

Michael R. Macdonald, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minimally Invasive Rejuvenation

Dear IM87:

Thank you for your question. I think that you are being very hard on yourself. You have a great face. Treatments at this age should be conservative and preventative. Medical grade skin care, Botox, Filler, Kybella, but not surgery. If you are looking for something more "active" or an alternative to injectable treatments, mild tightening can be achieved with Ultherapy. You can combine Ulthera with the other forementioned therapies for your best results. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Turning 30 in March - hoping to turn back the clock what should I have done? Endoscopic facelift?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front),  the chin is weak but there is no evidence of jowls (which means no form of facelift would be indicated as discussed below).  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed. My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.  Rhinoplasty can be done to thin, straighten and refine the shape of the nose.

Hope this helps.

Treatments at 30 years old

Thank you for the question. I think that you are being overly hard on yourself. You have a wonderful face. Treatments at this age should be conservative and preventative. Medical grade skin care, maybe some Botox or a little filler... but not surgery. If you are looking for something more "active" or an alternative to injectable treatments, mild tightening can be achieved with some radiofrequency devices (e.g., ThermiSmooth or Pelleve).

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

30 and rejuvenation

Of course you would have to be seen in person, but you might benefit from so me fillers. Best of luck.

I agree with the rest of the docs, you do not need surgery, a combo a fillers ( well placed) and botox can achieve your desired results.....good luck!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Don't be in a hurry

Turning 30 is sometimes traumatic, especially for women. It is just a number. You look youthful and beautiful. Don't be in a hurry! A facelift of any kind should not even be in the conversation and I would strongly advise against it. Keeping your skin healthy and youthful should be a priority. The treatments that usually work are not necessarily the expensive ones. Occasionally, injections of Juvederm or Restylane may help improve facial proportions especially around the cheek bones. It is difficult to judge from the photos provided, whether such injections would be truly helpful.

Nicholas Nikolov, MD

Anti-aging at age 30

In agreement with other responders, generally, tissue repositioning procedures such as face and necklift are reserved for more advanced aging, but your observations of changes you're dissatisfied with are the MOST important in considering which among available interventions will best meet your needs.  Low risk, low expense, and low down-time procedures are the first to consider:  filler into creases, facial liposculpture, and facial implants.  Personal consultation with skilled operator recommended.

Steve Laverson, MD

Turning 30, no facelift needed

Hi and thank you for your question. Please don't let anyone talk you into anything surgical! You are beautiful and honestly, at the MOST at your age, you don't need anything more than fillers or Botox. Exercise, get good sleep, and stay out of the sun so that you look your best. Avoid those apps that simulate surgery! Best wishes

Leilie Javan, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon