Can I do a 3rd Sciton Halo treatment at 20%?

I have done 2 sciton halo/BBL forever you treatments. Both with the Halo at 20%. Is there anything wrong or anything to worry about with getting a 3rd Halo treatments done at 20%? There would probably by no BBL with this one, but unsure.

3rd Halo treatment

Depending on how much improvement you needed to get to baseline, a 3rd treatment can be done with proper spacing between treatments - generally 6 - 8 weeks but in some cases less. 

Subsequent Halo treatments

You are so lucky! to have access to BBL / Halo treatments.  Subsequent treatments are offered in our clinic to encourage collagen remodeling, restore skin to a more youthful state and maintain results. Wish you the best.

Odemaris Santiago-Young, MD
Kerrville Physician

Halo

You could do a Halo treatment as long as its at least spaced 6-8 weeks apart. You want to give your skin some time to heal. Some patients do need more than one treatment depending on the results they are expecting from the laser. If you are unsure, follow up with the provider to discuss your treatment plan.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Halo Treatments

Sounds like you are on a really great path with your skin!20% is a very moderate treatment. Depending on your age and how much improvement you need/are seeking, many of my patients do 4-5 20% treatments or even step up to higher percentages like 40-55%. I've personally done this on my own skin as well as many, many patients and can tell you that it is quite safe and results in steady improvement in discoloration, tone, texture and radiance of the skin. Adding in BBLs with each session is also very safe and gets you even more improvement without adding downtime to your sessions.

Rebecca Gelber, MD
Incline Village Physician

Yes

You can safely do a third and even a fourth Halo at 20%. Expect more pinpoint bleeding with every treatment. Once you have a treatment you should use good skin care including hats and sunscreen, so that you don't need to repeat the treatment as often. Also, try doing FYBBL as maintenance. Perhaps a Halo treatment at the end of every summer and FYBBL in the fall and spring would be an excellent regimen. cr

How long between treatments

Kamb, great question. There really is no harm in having an additional treatment so long as your skin has fully healed and recovered from the last treatment. Depending on the depth of treatment, healing time for most patients is 4-6 weeks. Halo is a great technology in that it can be used multiple times with or without BBL to continue to improve your skin quality. I hope this helps and best of luck on your next treatment! ~Dr. Sieber