My nipples aren't the same after surgery! Will my left side eventually be symmetrical to my right? (Photo)

On one side it's healed very well. My question is will my left side eventually be symmetrical to my right side? I am 3 1/2 weeks after surgery.

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

#Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery due to the nature of each breast to heal differently from each other.
Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

It is difficult to determine as it's still too early to tell. 

I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns,should this presist.

Take care.

It is still quite early in your post op course, so definitely too early to predict the final appearance and results.  You may benefit from some scar massage.  Discuss with your plastic surgeon.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Breast scars

Only time will tell what your final result will be. 3 1/2 weeks is still early. Compression, massage, and time will help. Follow with your surgeon. After 6 months you could consider a revision if things have not healed as well as you want. Good luck.