Is this bruising normal? (Photo)

Had 475 cc high profile mentor areola incision on Feb 8. Had bleeding the first day and bleeding stopped after first day. Pain feels same in both breast, and to me they look same size. Scared I will need a new surgery.

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Please follow up with your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time.  Your bruising is more excessive than normal.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr Schwartz

Is this bruising normal?

Dear bigbootystar

In the photo you have shared, it appears that the bruising is just in your skin and the left breast does not appear noticeably enlarged compared to the opposite breast. This type of bruising will clear on its own and is not of long term importance. However, you should see your surgeon for an in person assessment and examination to be safe. Online consultation is inadequate for the assessment of this type of issue.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Your bruising exceeds what is expected early after breast augmentation

Photographs only permit a 2 dimensional view and are limited in their capacity to transmit information for a reliable diagnosis.  Nevertheless, your photo shows more bruising than expected early after breast augmentation.  I suggest you contact your surgeon and have him/her perform a proper examination.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after surgery

That amount of brusing is not typical at all. You need to be examined by your surgeon, sooner than later, to make sure you dont have a hematoma or any other issues. Most of my patients have no bruising after surgery. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Is this bruising normal after breast implants?

No, the bruising is more severe than normal. Please see your surgeon for an exam to make sure you do not have a hematoma. Do not rely on internet advice.

Is this bruising normal?

Although I understand your desire to receive online information and/or reassurance, your plastic surgeon should be your only resource here. Make sure that he/she is aware of your situation. Best wishes.