Botox and synkenisis question. I never had Bells Palsy. What caused this? Unhappy with Botox!

I was diagnosed with sykenisis but never had Bells Palsy. Everytime I blink the corner or my mouth twitches. What causes this? I had botox injections 5 months ago and my smile is still extremely crooked. How long before it returns back to normal? Is there anything to make the twitching stop.

Botox treatments.

Thank you for your question. Botox is temporary, lasting approx. 3 months. Perhaps consider speaking with your family doctor regarding reasons this may be happening.

Botox for synkinesis- hemi-facial spasm

Botox effects last for 3-6 months. After that time you will return to your pre-treatment state. Discuss possible causes with your primary doctor or neurologist as there are many.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and crooked smile

The Botox effect will only last approximately three to six months.  If your crooked mouth was related to the Botox injection, it should be showing signs of improvement by now.  Your diagnosis thought is not from the Botox.  Your doctor will want to investigate a number of possibilities for the underlying cause of this issue.

Christopher Dannaker, DO
Monterey Dermatologic Surgeon

Diagnosed with synkenesis

This diagnosis is unrelated to your botox injections. Im not sure how you got diagnosed but you should have a full evaluation to figure out why your mouth is twitching when you blink.  Botox does not cause this and something else is going on. This could get worse so please see a specialist. I would see an oculoplastic surgeon or ENT specialist.  good luck..

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon