Left breast higher than right? (Photos)

My left breast is higher than my right. My right has a pretty natural looking shape now but I can physically feel my left implant is higher. It also causes my nipples to go in different directions. I am 6 weeks post op. Will this correct itself with time? I know perfect symmetry is impossible to obtain but they were not going in different directions pre breast augmentation.

Left breast higher than right

It is too early to conclude with the result of your operation. Your body is still undergoing its healing process and it is normal for your breasts to show a little assymmetry as bruising and swelling in each breast have different intensities. It could take 3-6 months after your operation to see your final result.

London Plastic Surgeon

Normal healing process

At 6 weeks, it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is to be expected. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. It can take 4-6 months to see your final results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeon for his or her evaluation and advice. Good luck Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area #realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of implants

First, pre-operative photos would be helpful to know where you started from.  But looking at your photos and reading your description I can see the differences you point out.  How long after surgery has it been?  Have you discussed this with your surgeon?  It's possible that the pockets the implants are in are asymmetric creating the asymmetry you see.  The left implant does appear higher and may need revision to lower and match the right.  The right appears to be more lateral as well which also makes it appear lower and more lateral.  It's possible you could require a revision with the right pocket restricted with sutures laterally to bring the implant more medial and elevated.  Another explanation could be from the formation of capsular contracture.  I'd recommend talking to your surgeon or perhaps getting another opinion.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Left Breast Higher Than Right

Without a pre-op picture, it is hard to give the best suggestion. It appears that you are healing nicely and have a good result thus far. 6 weeks is still early into recovery and you could still have some minimal changes for the next couple of months.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Left breast higher than right?

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result.  It is impossible without before pictures to offer definite advice, but remember that after placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months as they drop and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume.  At six weeks your implants appear to be settling, with your right having dropped a bit sooner than your left.  This is very common.  I would anticipate your left breast implant to follow suit within the next two weeks.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then.  Hope this helps.

Asymmetry

Without a preoperative photograph to compare to, it's hard for a plastic surgeon to assess the result. There is a subtle elevation of the left implant compared to the right. At six weeks postoperatively, there's still time for the left side to catch up to the right. I would wait for several months before recommending any small touchup to the breasts. Keep following up with your operating plastic surgeon and they will be able to monitor your progress and decide whether or not a small touchup would be of benefit. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS