Entrance marks indented. Will they go away? (Photo)

I am 6 weeks post op. I have these indentations in both legs. Will they go away? I am very happy with results but worry about this.

Entrance marks indented. Will they go away?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Liposuction Entry Point Indentations

Typically by six months you will see optimal results related to scarring from cannula entry points. If you have post operative concerns I suggest following up with your physician.  This can be improved with surgical repair, subcision and/or fillers.  This can happen as a consequence of the healing process.  Best, Dr. Emer

Lipo entrance sites

This may be due to swelling and/or scarring. Best to review with you surgeon. Massage may help improve this area. Best of luck.

Indentations after liposuction

There are two reasons that indentations can form at the openings after liposuction.
One it's related to scar tissue that can contract overtime.

The second cause can be excessive liposuction at the opening.
Neither one of these tend to get better with time.

Massage could potentially help with scar tissue. I suggest following up with your provider to have him or her address your concerns.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Entrance marks indented after Lipo. Will they go away?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend to wait about 6 months and most of the time they get better and if not it can fixed in the office. Please talk to your PS and ask for guidance if any massage or other non invasive treatments. 

Many of these indentations will resolve with more time to heal. You could perform massage around the area as that will often help them to flatten. If not, a simple scar revision can be performed under local anesthesia to improve their appearance.

Liposuction - will entry scars vanish?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Your scars are unusually indented -
  • Wait another 5 months before worrying - they may improve as more swelling subsides.
  • But I think you will need a scar revision to improve the way they look.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS