Is it easy to get ride of back fat (flanks)? Surgery needed?

I am 28 years old and have ALWAYS had back fat, as long as I could remember. In school someone stuck a needle to them to see if it would deflate. My back is filled with so much fat it's hard to twist and bend the way I should. Please help, losing faith! Any tips would be appreciated!

Liposuction, weight loss or cool sculpting

Than you for your question. It's very difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or an in person consultation. Generally speaking, liposuction is a good option for patients with very stubborn fat that is resistant to diet or exercise. You may be a candidate for CoolSculpting which is a non-surgical device that freezes fat. Your body then removes it through the lymphatic system. This can require more than one treatment and does not yield immediate results. Whichever way you choose to go, make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in these areas. 

Getting rid of back fat!!

Diet and exercise are always on option, but I understand it can be very hard to loose weight. Liposuction can certainly help get rid of your back fat. It is hard to say if this procedure is right for you without photos or an in-person examination 

Back lipo is very commonly combined with liposuction of the flanks and waist along with a tummy tuck, in order to achieve te most aesthetic results possible. You can ask for an appointment with a plastic surgeon near you or you can send us your photos for further evaluation.

Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

Getting rid of back fat

Thank you for asking about your flank fat and liposuction.

• Yes, our body proportions can be change by removing excess fat with liposuction.
  • You sound like a very good candidate for this procedure.
  • Without a photo, one can't say exactly what is needed.
  • If you are overweight, it is important to understand that you need to lose about 10 pounds after surgery or you will soon eat back the fat which will appear in a new area of your body.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Problems with back fat

Thank you for your question.  Without photos, I cannot offer an opinion in your case.  I suggest that you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Too much fat in the wrong area

The simple answer to your question is you need an in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to get evaluated to see what treatments are available.

Based on what you have said you may be an excellent candidate for liposuction.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction may be a very good tool for the back fat.  Pictures or an exam would be necessary to confirm.

Faith Saving Solutions with VASER, THermiRF, Ultrasound

This is tough to answer without pictures, but I recommend a hi-def procedure for best results. I use VASER HI DEF with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting to get the most fat removal, skin tightening, and contouring. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a body contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Back Fat Solutions

Thank you for your question. There are many options that might be viable for you including liposuction, Smart Lipo, CoolSculpting, and others. A consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon will determine which surgical or non-surgical option is best for you. Good luck!

Janet Turkle, MD

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation. If you are an appropriate candidate for liposuction, this can improve your overall shape with a smaller waist.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Back fat removal

Back fat can be reduced, there are many options available, surgical and non surgical.  Direct surgical excision, liposuction, CoolSculpting and SculpSure (laser fat removal) are all options. Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in body contouring procedures to help with your decision.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon