Should I consider buccal fat removal? (Photo)

I'm in my mid-twenties and have always have had a fuller face. It has thinned out over the years, however I still have these bags on either side of my lips of extra skin/fat. The skin just sags -- it makes me look like I have jowls or something. I would prefer to have a thinner face. I'm an average height and small build. Do you think this is something to consider?

Should I consider buccal fat removal? = yes you could #buccalfatremoval #chubbycheeks #roundface

Achieving a chiseled, less chubby, face requires to address multiple factors in the face and the body composition to achieve that goal.
Some of the factors that may need to be addressed to achieve a slimmer / chiseled face generally are:
-Lower anterior cheek fullness: this could be addressed surgically with buccal fat pad removal
-Lower posterior cheek fullness: this could be achieving my treating the masseter muscle ( a masticatory muscle) with Botox. The masseter muscle gives bulk to the lower posterior cheek fullness at the level of the angle of the jaw bone
-Overall body fat: weight loss to achieve a normal or low normal weight for the height ( normal BMI) is a must. (most models with chiseled face have are "skinny" and therefore have a BMI in the low normal range)
-Anterior and lateral cheek bone projection: lack of cheek bone projection won't allow to have a chiseled appearance, event if the above factors are achieved. Therefore, it someone has not good cheek bone projection, he or she may require cheek augmentation/ enhancement with either soft tissue fillers like voluma or cheek implants
-Saggy facial skin: young people usually doesn't have saggy facial skin. Patients in the 30s or 40s may have some aging related sagginess that may be improved with soft tissue fillers
Patients interested in determining if buccal fat pad removal may help to achieve a chiseled face should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face

Buccal Fat Removal - Slimming the Face

Buccal fat removal can help slim the face for many patients.  In some patients, we consider both buccal fat removal and tightening of the overlying skin if there is laxity in that area for a slimmer, more contoured effect.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like after surgery and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Buccal fat removal

Hi hgurl. I think buccal fat removal will slim out your face in the area you desire. It is a minor surgery that is performed through the mouth. Good luck. Best, Dr H

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon