Which One is Better: Invisalign or Braces? How Many Months Do You Think I Should Need? (photo)

as you see from the pic i have o crowded teeth. i found very famous doctor who offers invisaligne with 2400 (till 7\31\2012) in my city. the problem is i'm gonna move out to my country in vacation for 3 months then i'm back o U.S again in spring semester for my university in OTHER State. I would really exploit the chance but i dunno about transferring idea to another Dr.!!! thx alot.

Doctor Answers 3

Invisalign vs Braces, Which is Better?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

That question is a lot like "Which is better, a sedan or pickup truck?"  It depends on what you need.  As you look closely at your photo, you will realize there are places you would like a tooth to move to, but there is no bone there.  It takes time to move a tooth and the bone around it for support.  Traditional braces applied by an orthodontist (specialist) would be the best answer for your complex needs.  How long would it take?  Again, it takes time to move bone where needed.  If you are a patient patient, you can invest in a lifetime of smiles.

Braces or invisalign

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Getting good treatment is more important the a cheap fee. Knowing you are going to move make me fel you should wait to start treatment. Your case needs to be done by a orthodontist and full records taken and all the issues revealed and a solid treatment plan done. It is alway possible to transfer but be sure your Dr send you to someone that will follow his treatment and accept the balance of your fee. Get a good plan and a good time in your life to get treatment and enjoy a great smile

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist

Invisalign or braces

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

From the photos, you have a very complicated case.  It should only be attempted by the most experienced and skilled clinicians.  You must have braces and possibly some palatal expansion or jaw movement.  You might consider going to a university program if there is one nearby.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.