Will Invisalign Work on my Overcrowded Teeth? (photo)

I would like to straighten my top teeth, especially the front two which are crooked, and bringing the teeth on either side of the front two to be equally aligned instead of behind or in front.

Doctor Answers 5

Invisalign for overcrowded teeth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Based only on the photos that you have submitted it does appear that you would be able to straighten then with invisalign.  As other dentists have pointed out you may need IPR (interproximal reduction) to help uncrowd them.  I would seek care from an invisalign certified  provider.



Philadelphia Dentist
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

You May Have to See an Orthodontist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Basic invisalign may not work because of the extreme crowding of your teeth. More teeth structure will be lost if you insist on Invisalign. You may not have to lose tooth structure if you use regular orthodontic braces. In summary, you will have to seek out an orthodontist or a general dentist who is very proficient in complex Invisalign cases. 

Meena Yegneswaran, DMD
Worcester Dentist

Using Invisalign to Straighten Crowded Teeth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}



Based on the pictures that you've submitted, it does look as though you may be able to straighten them with Invisalign.  Some 'filing' or 'shaving' of the teeth may be necessary. 


However, in order to give a full recommendation, any orthodontist would have to do a full examination prior to being able to give his/her final recommendation of the best course of treatment. 


Hope that Helps,

Shervin Abbaszadeh, DDS
Toronto Orthodontist

Easy case for Invisalign

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your case is an easy one for a certified and experienced Invisalign provider.

I suggest you make an appointment for an Invisalign evaluation and consultation.

Invisalign for Overcrowded Teeth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes! Ask your dentist to submit your records to Invisalign to obtain a ClinChek. This will give the dentist and you a chance to preview how long the treatment will take, as well as what the final results will look like. You can then decide whether or not you want to initiate treatment. Obviously, there will be a charge for this service if you deciude NOT to complete treatment.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.