My bottom teeth are crowded. Can Invisalign fix my open bite? (photo)

My teeth is crowded on my bottom teeth.

Doctor Answers 4

Can Invisalign fix this bite?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Open bites are the most difficult problem to fix either with Invisalign or with braces.  It really depends on the exact problem and a simple picture is not enough information.  Get yourself to an orthodontist with experience with don't have a simple problem and you really need an expert...not a general dentist who does some Invisalign

Saint Louis Orthodontist

If that is Your Actual Bite in the Photo...Not a Chance

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Invisalign can actually fix some mild open bites quite well, but in your case it looks like you'd even be hard pressed to fix that open bite without TADs and potentially some extractions if that is your actual bite in the photos.

Scott Frey, DDS
Allentown Orthodontist

Invisalign probably cannot correct this open bite

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Based on this photo (and assuming you are biting down completely on your back teeth), your open bite probably cannot be corrected with Invisalign.  Your upper jaw looks under developed in relation to your lower jaw, and this difference makes your situation more complex.  Your dental arches appear narrow, which is contributing to the crowding.  You should get an opinion from an orthodontist to learn what your different options are to improve your bite, as it will benefit the long-term health of your teeth.  

Kristen Berning, DDS
Dubuque Dentist

Invisalign can fix open bite but in your case...

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would really go with traditiional braces.  My view of the case is limited to your pix but I think its too complex for invisalign.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.