Face peeling from retin a .05

I've been using a retina compound .05 for about 1 and a half months almost every night and now my face is peeling. I put coconut oil n every morning. This just started. should I call my dermatolagist or just stop the retina and continue the coconut oil

Retin-A (Tretinoin) Exfoliation

Hello, Retin-A (tretinoin) causes exfoliation and sometimes, especially early on in treatment, this leads to visible peeling. Often, this resolves on its own as the skin cycle normalizes. Some suggestions include using no more than a pea sized amount for the face, lowering strength of tretinoin to 0.025%, reducing frequency of tretinoin to 4-5 x week for initial few months,following tretinoin application with a hyaluronic acid moisturizer (example- Obagi Hydrate or Skinmedica HA5). I do not like coconut oil for the face, I prefer patients use it on the body. Coconut oil can cause clogged pores and acne breakouts on the face. Hope this helps.

Melbourne Dermatologist