What non-invasive or invasive method will help reduce the appearance of my scar? (Photo)

I slipped last September on the kitchen floor and my top front tooth punctured the skin above my lip. The horizontal part of the scar is where my tooth puncture the skin. The two vertical scarring on each side was due to the puncture. The scar is hypertropic. I have used elidel on the scar for months which help with the elevation. But I want to know what wil help reduce the appearance. I have never acquired any other scarring due to trauma or anything. No previous hypertropic or keloid scars

Doctor Answers 1

Scar on Lip

There are many non-surgical options such as different laser modalities, and you should seek the advice of a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in treating scars.  Surgical treatment may be a better option, but an in person consult would give you the best assessment.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.