What to Do About Internal Tummy Tuck Stitches Poking out of Scar?

I had a TT about 2 mos ago. The scar right above my pubic area was sealed pretty tight and actually healing the best so far. Recently I noticed something poking through my skin and it appears to be a clear stitch.When I first noticed it, I was wearing the silicone strips every day. I since stopped wearing them over that area and have been cleaning it with perioxide and putting some anti-bacteria ointment on it but I was wondering if this is normal and how will it resolve and/or heal itself?

Spitting a stitch

You are spitting a stitch, in the surgical vernacular. Return to your plastic surgeon to have it removed rather than self-treating. It will not heal itself unless and until the suture is removed.

Spitting a stitch

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Stitch from incision

Sometimes a dissolvable suture will "poke out" from the incision.  Once the suture has made its way outside of the body it will no longer dissolve. A quick visit to your surgeon's office can remedy the situation.  It generally just needs to be clipped.  

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Stitch from incision

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon