Can you have SculpSure done if you have had extensive neurosurgery done?

I have had a temporal lobectomy and a brain aneurysm stent with coiling in 2010. Then a TBI with a subarachnoid bleed in July 2016. Can I still have this procedure done?

Sculpsure contraindications

Based on your information I see no problem with having Sculpsure. As long as your sensation in the treated area is normal you should be fine. Sculpsure is a very safe and gentle form of non-invasive fat reduction. Good luck.

Livingston Physician

Yes Sculpsure should be fine after neurosurgery

Sculpsure has a very high safety profile and there are few contraindications. you need to have sensation 

in the body part being treated. it is also safe for hip and knee replacements.

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure after neurosurgery

Sculpsure should not be done on any areas of your body that have decreased sensation.  Otherwise, you should be able to have a Sculpsure procedure done.

Susan Chapman, MD
Kailua OB/GYN

SculpSure

SculpSure treatments affect the area where the light is aimed.  Treatments of the abdominal or flank areas would be safe months after a subarachnoid bleed.
Best wishes on your recovery.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure is safe

SculpSure is safe after brain surgery.  It can not be used on areas of the body that are numb.  So, if the brain surgery caused some numb areas on the body, those areas must be avoided.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Complete Medical History

I does not sound like there are any contraindications to Sculpsure for you. However we always advise a complete history and medication list prior to any procedure. I feel that it is important to meet with a physician or nurse practitioner prior to getting Sculpsure scheduled. 

David U. Lipsitz, MD
Charlotte Physician

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is a very safe procedure, but you will still be required to disclose your medical history and current medications to your board certified facial plastic surgeon so that they can evaluate your health and your fit for the procedure.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure and Prior Procedures

The procedure would not conflict with any of the prior procedures you have had done, however it is important to provide a list of current and past medications to the provider performing the treatment to ensure you have not or are not using any contradictory medications. That being said, SculpSure is very safe and in almost all cases can be performed regardless of current medications or prior procedures. 

Dennis Gross, MD

Sculpsure After NeuroSurgery

Sculpsure is a non-invasive technique that I combine with Vanquish and Venus Legacy/Exilis treatments for best results. It shouldn't be contraindicated for you with your past procedures, but see an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Neurosurgery a contraindication?

Thank you for your questions. I cannot see a relation to your past problems and having SculpSure since it is non-invasive, and involves subtle fat "melting" over a number of weeks. The heating of the fat should not be a problem as far as I can see it.  I am also assuming you are not on any medications that would rule this out. If on any blood thinners, discuss this with your doctor first.

Lawrence Eisenhauer, MD
Encinitas OB/GYN