Can going from a 480cc UHP to 650-700uhp create a noticeable difference?

I have 480cc UHP and I'm 5 ft 110lbs. I was previously a 32A so even a 480 is not a huge implant on me. I would like to increase in size to either a 650-700. Sounds huge but coming from a 33A its really not. Thoughts on size?

Large sized breast implants

Yes, it will give you a noticeable difference. Not only that, they will also put you at a higher risk for complications. Your body frame is too small to accommodate >500cc implants. Associated complications to consider: chronic pain, malposition, irreversible soft tissue damage, skin stretch deformities, nipple numbness, capsular contracture, etc. Please think long and hard before moving forward with larger implants.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question.   Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “noticeable difference” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to larger breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

At your height and weight, 350cc is large, 480 is oversized. The implants you are considering would be ill advised and will cause serious medical concerns with the breast soft tissues in the future that likely cannot be repaired. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

700CC UHP is huge

Thanks for your question. At 5' tall a 480CC implant is very big. Although this might fit your base diameter (barely) anything larger will likely be too wide and spill out into your armpit (massive side boob) or worse- cross the midline and create symmastia (uniboob). I have had several patients done elsewhere who had these large UHP implants placed and they looked like gumdrops sticking straight out. They came to me to have them exchanged for something more natural looking. The size change from 480 to 700 is a 45% increase so that would be a big jump. You would be taking on a lot of risk of asymmetry and implant malposition if you elected to have them redone.

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Large Implants on Petite Women.....

Yes, this will make a large difference in your appearance.  With your petite frame, you may have more "side boob."  I have a concern that these large implants will give a matronly or heavy set look to your upper body.  I am seeing a trend in 50 year olds to downsize implants that make them look older as the implants drop over the years.  That said, I let my patients decide what size implants they want.  Good luck.

D'Arcy Honeycutt, MD
Bismarck Plastic Surgeon