Why would a dentist estimate include core build up for #s 11,12,13 bridge and anterior crowns for 6,7,8,9, & 10? (Photo)

Estimate for bridge & crowns veneers to close diastema included core build up for ALL 8 teeth. #12 extracted, so 11,12,13 bridge but build up quoted for #12. NO RCT on remaining teeth and 7,8,9,10& 11 never filled, so have 100% tooth structure. Different dentist did my case with no build up, but may have 6,7,8,9 redone by a new dentist if final crowns come back from lab botched for 2nd time. Y would build up be included in a fair estimate 4 anterior crowns? Will be temp cementing crowns 6,7,8,9.

Are buildups needed? #DrSoftTouch

Based on your photos and the information you provided, it doesn't appear that that buildups would be necessary. If large cavities were present prior to crown preps, the decay would need to be removed and then buildup would be necessary. Build up would not be necessary for missing tooth #12. I would recommend speaking with your dentist if you a questioning treatment and charges. Good luck and I hope this helps!  Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Buildups

From your description and pictures buildups are not typical. Is it possible that there were large areas of decay that were removed? If this is the case, the material filling in the holes is considered a buildup. If #12 was removed there wouldn't be a buildup fee associated with that tooth. It does appear that there is room for improvement in the restorations that were placed. Your diastema is very large so masking this is going to be a challenge.