Should I go 650 cc high profile saline breast implants?

I am getting breast augmentation and lift next month. I am 5'6" 155lbs. I recently lost 70lbs and lost a massive amount of my breast. I use to be a 42 dd, now I am a small 38c. My PS is recommending I go 650cc or even 700cc high profile saline under the muscle to get my fullness back. I want them full but I don't want them giant. Just want some opinions! Should I go 650?

Large High Profile Implants

I'm sorry, but it is impossible to answer your question with any reasonable accuracy. However, whenever I hear that someone has had a large weight loss and breast volume loss, but is still with a large breast, I think that perhaps her breast is droopy, and therefore in need of a mastopexy in addition to an implant. Very large high profile implants will not lift your breast or create a nice result if that is the case.

Be sure to visit surgeons that specialize in all types of cosmetic breast surgery, including lifts and reductions, not just implants.

Large High Profile Implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breast Augment

For sure I would need to see some pictures but those implants are rarely used, maybe ask your PS to use a more aggresive lift technique and use smaller implants

Breast Augment

Avoid large implants

Large implants (650 cc) will not solve your problem and a lift is essential. A 42 DD corresponds to a volume of 2600 cc’s and a 38 C corresponds to a volume of 1000 cc’s. The difference of 1800 cc’s will not be corrected by 650 or even 700 cc implants and you will have excess skin. Unless you undergo a simultaneous lift, you will be dissatisfied with the result and you will not fill them out to your expectations. I recommend a technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift. This technique avoids the ugly vertical incisions and reshapes your breast creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection. Remember the goal of breast surgery is to achieve beautiful breasts. Beauty is determined by several factors including skin tone, symmetry, nipple position, position of the breast on the chest wall, upper pole fullness, cleavage and least of all volume. 650 cc saline implants would never fit in the retro-pectoral position, would dislocate inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Avoid large implants

650 cc High Profile

Congrats on your weight loss. Most of my patients who have lost a considerable amount weight also require a breast lift because of the extra skin. Without a photo and exam it is difficult to give you specific advice. Implants are the best way to replace the loss of upper breast fullness. However, 650 high profile implants are very large implants. Also, silicone implants are much more commonly used today, 99% of my augmentations are silicone implants nowadays. They are preferred because they feel and look much more natural. Also, high profile implants are commonly used in breast reconstruction but not so commonly in augmentation. They are indicated in augmentation in patients that have narrow breast width. Best of luck.

650 cc High Profile

Breast implants

I think the implants are too large. If you lost 70 pounds there is a good chance that you actually need a lift done along with the implants. Compensating for loose skin with overly large implants if you really need a lift is a recipe for disaster. You already sound unsure so you might want to go see a few other surgeons.

Breast implants

Implant size

Those implants sound huge. Not sure of your goal. I would definitely go back and make sure that this is the size that you want.

Implant size

650 cc implants

650 cc implants are quite large. In order to size you appropriately, you would have to be examined in person. Good luck.

650 cc implants

Larger Implants

I have patients put implants of various sizes in a bra till them come to the size that they desire. I can then judge whether this is a realistic choice. Ultimately the patient is the one who is going to be wearing the implants so to speak so she needs to be happy with her choice prior to surgery and I have found that to be the safest way for the patient to decide.

Larger Implants

Breast Implants and Sizing #breastimplants

Your situation is one that many women often ask. First, there is no substitute for the advice I can give by seeing a patient for direct physical exam so I can assess the laxity of the skin and whether a patient in your shoes needs a breast lift with a modest implant or just an implant. You first need to decide how big you want to be. I never promise a cup size, but after trying on implants you should be able to give your surgeon a range of implants you would be happy with. The rest is up to the surgeon to guide you. Sizing a breast for implants is fairly straight forward and can be summarized in an analogy to buying shoes.

When you go to buy shoes how do you do that? First you start with the size your foot is right? So if your foot is a 6.5 you try on all kinds of 6.5 size shoes. Some may be tall, some might be flat, and some might be somewhere in between. You would never try to buy a size 8 shoe because it would be too big for your foot, right? Breast sizing is the exact same way. Implants come in several different profiles that are like different heights of shoes. Implants can be low profile, moderate profile, or high profile. There are even implants that are higher than high. That would be your high platform shoe. Each implant style give you a different look. Now, your breast has a defined width that we call the base diameter of the breast. This would be analogous to the show size. Your breast base diameter never changes. It is what it is. So now, you can choose several different style of implants that fit the number of your breast base diameter. That really narrows down what implant is best for you. So once you know your breast base diameter you can try the low, moderate, high or really high implants on. The only thing you have to decide is which look you are going for. You would never put an implant that is 13 centimeters wide in a patient whose base diameter is 10 centimeters. Half the implant would be in the armpit. So, this is very simple to me. My patients get a few choices that fit their breast and that is it. I will not put an implant in a patient that is too wide for their body because it will harm them over time. Hope this helps.

650 cc is a very large implant, but some patients can accommodate this size. An exam would be necessary to provide better advice. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA