2.5 weeks since my BA and lift, and they are still swelling. Is this normal? (Photo)

My implants are 1000 cc under muscle they are very swelled still under my arm pits as well very sore my concern is I got them in Miami and I live in Michigan detroit area do they look normal and are they going to drop and I have a lot of pressure on my chest ?

Still swollen breasts

A 1000cc implant is a very large object to place under your chest (pectoralis) muscle.  The tissues overlying the implant will need, at least, several weeks to adequately stretch and then relax.  Until the relaxation occurs, the implants will look too high.  You may have to wait a few months to judge whether or not the implant position is satisfactory.  The chest pressure will diminish as the tissues relax.

Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after 1000cc implants

You have LARGE implants and you are very early in your postoperative process. You can expect swelling, firmness, and pressure as you heal, especially with the implant size you have.  I do not have my patients limit their arm movements at all. I want my patients to reach overhead as they normally would, as that gently stretches the chest muscles. I do limit strenuous chest exercises for 6 weeks, though.  But gentle arm movements, in normal range of motion, could help loosen the tight muscles more quickly. Also, a muscle relaxer like robaxin, may also help.  You'll need to ask your surgeon about these things.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Breast augmentation post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting enquire.

In my practice, after performing a Breast Augmentation with lift I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Lift and implants

At 2.5 weeks you are still very early post-op. You have a lot of swelling and your implants have not dropped yet.

2.5 weeks since my BA and lift, and they are still swelling. Is this normal?

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. I would recommend contacting your surgeon to express your concerns as your implants are still very, very high.  If you cannot fly to see your surgeon, set up a Skype follow up appointment.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Post op swelling

You may want to consider sending your photos to your Plastic surgeon because only he or she knows what they did and what you look like preoperatively. 2 1/2 weeks post surgery is very early in the postoperative phase and I would not be concerned with high riding implants at this point in time. Again contact your own surgeon would be in your best interest. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Very very very very very early still. Best to see your chosen operative surgeon more often............

2.5 weeks after brast augmentation

It is still quite normal to have swelling like this 2 weeks after surgery.  Implants typically drop over the first 2-3 months.  The person who knows the most details about your case is obviously your surgeon.  If you have concerns with your healing process the best advice would be to contact your surgeon's office. 

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Is this normal?

Your plastic surgeon is really your best source at this time during your healing.  Only he or she knows exactly what is done and what is normal at this stage for the exact procedure that you had done.  2.5 weeks is still early and some swelling and implants that are still high can be normal at this stage.  For more reassurance or concerns, I would contact my plastic surgeon even if he or she is in Miami.  Best wishes!

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Well....

1000 cc is extremely large. Think of putting half of a two liter soda bottle under your pec muscle- thats a lot!. So swelling, pain, pressure is all going to be more severe because of the large size of the implant. From the picture you have swelling, the skin is very shiny and tense and it is obvious that they are painful still. But for this size implant I think this is to be expected, and your recovery period is just going to be longer than most.
As far as implants dropping... they should be placed where they need to be at the time of surgery in a very precise pocket. With sub muscular implants there is a lot of swelling high on the chest and as this subsides it appears as though the implants have dropped, when all thats happened is the swelling has resolved. Hope this helps.

Elizabeth A. Kinsley, MD
Covington Plastic Surgeon