Best Filler for Nasolabial Folds in a 28-year-old?

I am only 28 years old but have pretty severe nasolabial folds that go from my nose all the way to the bottom of my chin. I want to get these corrected. What is the best type of injectable filler for someone my age with this issue?

Doctor Answers 2

Any filler in the right hands okay for young women

For young women with prominent nasolabial folds there are several filler products that will give you good long-lasting correction. The choice of product would depend on provider preference and experience, and cost. We most commonly use Juvederm and Radiesse in this area.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Nasolabial folds in a 28 year old

I find it difficult to believe that at age 28 you have such severe problem with nasolabial folds. Do you have any underlying problems with connective tissue such as Cutis Laxa? or have you had significant weight fluctuations?

Having said that, you may be a candidate for a more permanent treatment for nasolabial folds such as fat transfer from your own body. Amongst the current FDA approved fillers on the market, the longest lasting one only lasts for two years. Autologous fat grafting can potentially give you a permanent result. The procedure may need to be done more than once, in order to get the best result.

Consult with you local facial plastic surgeon.

Maurice M. Khosh, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.