Retin-A for Under Eye Lines

i have lines under my eyes that im considering using retin a for. dr nicholas perricone says that anything that inflames the skin is bad for it which retin a does that. 1. is this true that retin a damages the skin by causing inflamation? 2. is it likely that lines will turn into bags?

Retin-A for under eyes

Retin-A is perfect for the thin skin under the eyes!  Some patients are a little sensitive to Retin-A - it does cause some irritation.  However, the improvement in the fine lines of the lower eyelids is wonderful.  I recommend that patients with fair or sensitive skin start with the lowest strength (0.025%) and use it once a week, gradually increasing as tolerated to nightly if possible.

It takes about three nights to see what the effect is, so be patient - you must start very carefully.  Remember, you will be sun-sensitive while using Retin-A so be sure to include sunscreen.  If you have a little irritation, back off a bit and use some cortisone cream, as needed.  Once you are at a regular schedule, you can move to a stronger strength if you want to.  The improvement will take many months, but will continue as long as you use Retin-A.  I also recommend regular use of topical Vitamin C and an alphahydroxy acid (glycolic acid) to maintain healthy skin. 

Retin-A for under eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Retin A

Retin A can cause inflamatory reponse, which is what we want from Retin A. The inflamation stimulates the new formation of collagen and elastin.

It rejuvenates the skin.

retin A is ideal to prepare the skin for laser resurfacing and for chemical peels to get rid of fine wrinkles

Retin A

It rejuvenates the skin.