What can I do to treat my laugh lines? (Photo)

Hi.. I am a 24 years old woman, but already have noticeable laugh lines and I don't know why. I hate them so much because they make me looks old.. I've heard about filler treatment. Do you think filler will be good for me or is there any other option? Thank you so much :)

Treating nasolabial lines

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I do think you are a candidate for facial enhancement with hyaluronic acid fillers. I like Juvederm Ultra Plus to treat the lines you are seeing, but you might also benefit from some filler placement in your cheeks for a lifting effect. It's hard to comment on this from the provided photo. Regardless, in order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler for nasolabial fold

Hi and thanks for your question. As you have not lost significant amount of volume I would suggest a small amount of filler in nasolabial fold and corner of the mouth .In more advanced cases I would inject filler in cheeks and midface as well. 

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician

No Laughing Matter

The line formed between the nose and the corner of the mouth is also known as the "nasal-labial" fold.  As you can see, they are present without expression.  So, the term "laugh-line" is a little misleading.  In your case, however, the photo depicts a very minor issue, and would require a small amount of filler (we are our own worst critics).  Broadening the scope of the photo would be necessary to give you your best result.  By looking at the cheeks, the jowls, and the overall frame of the face, you can put these small lines into the proper perspective.  It could be that other corrections in other areas could go a long way in addressing what you describe as "looking old."

David Owers, MD
Vancouver Physician

Laugh lines

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to make laugh lines go away because the muscles that cause them are important and cannot be 'Botoxed'. Your options are usually fillers to various areas of the face such as cheeks, undereyes, nasolabial folds, corners of the mouth etc. At 24, you have not lost a lot of volume so probably a small amount of filler will help. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for laugh lines

I certainly would'nt go as far as saying you look old. You have slightly propminent laugh line depressions which can easily be filled with a cosmetic filler including restylane, juvederm, radiesse, bellafil. This is one of the safer areas to inject fillers with very satisfying results that get rid of the tired look. 

Tal Dagan, MD, FACS
New York Physician