Cheeks swelling after laser.

I had my restore fraxel 3 weeks ago. But my cheeks size now is not normal, bigger than my normal size also the left and right not same size because of the swelling. Is it normal to have this condition after 4 weeks of fraxel? When is expected to be normal again?

Cheeks swelling after laser.

Thanks for your query. It is normal to have swelling after lasers. And it might take up to 6 weeks for the condition to get normal. Have arnica as it naturally helps in bringing down the inflammation. Just observe it for another 2-3 weeks, if it doesn’t go down then you can visit your treating doctor for the same. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Cheek swelling from Fraxel

It usually settles down in about a week. I would discuss with your doctor. Make sure there is nothing else going on. If you have fillers in the cheeks, it's possible that they have retained fluid and that should settle down.

Steven F. Weiner, MD