L shape implant for Asian Rhinoplasty? (photo)

hello, i am 18yo. My nose is short and has no bridge, doctor suggest me to go with L shape implant to get more defined on tip and higher bridge. It is safe in long term? I do not want to get revision in the future. I've heard to use ear cartilage on the tip to minimalizing the risk in the future, but it look like it's do not makes a big change on the tip. Please, i need more advice. Thankyou so much. :)

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty Concerns

You have a nice nose and placement of an L-shaped silicone implant and ear cartilage graft for your tip may not be the best choice for you. Advise getting another opinion. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear cartilage rhinoplasty

Great question.  There are definitely risk with placing an implant in your nose.  These include the implant becoming infected or extruding out through your skin. From all of the literature published these chances are low but still a possibility.  Ear cartilage is a much lower risk for those things but won't have the same impact that an implant will in terms of result.

Rib cartilage for Asian Rhinoplasty

Silicone implants have several disadvantages compared to autologous (your own) tissue.  They never become fully incorporated into your nose, and they carry a lifetime risk of extrusion (eroding through the skin), infection and migration.Personally, rib cartilage is a safer and better long-term option for making a taller nose (dorsal augmentation) in Asian rhinoplasty and dorsal augmentation. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

L implant

In the long term these implants become exposed. The likelihood of this is high. I would consider using your own tissues for this augmentation. Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician