Can braces help to define jawline and thicker lips? (Photos)

I'm planning to get braces but I'm afraid that it would worsen the shape of my lips (get thinner). Also as you can see, I have an undefined jawline, would braces help me to strengthen my jawline and not worsen my lips?

Will Braces Improve my Jawline and Improve Lip Support?

Braces alone will NOT improve your jaw line. You have a lower jaw that is too far back and needs to be brought forward in order to improve your jawline. This can be done surgically or by using a simple, removable appliance.

Braces can definitely improve your lip support by improving the angle of your upper front teeth. However, extraction orthodontics (removing bicuspids prior to braces) will actually make your lip support worse.

Good luck!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Good luck!