Am I a good candidate for facial Liposuction? (photos)

Hi, I'm 26 years and have a quite moon face. I'm thinking to have a facial liposuction to slimmer my face. However, i'm still confuse if i really need the surgery or not. If i'm a good candidate, which part should i do?

Facial Liposuction

You have a very beautiful face and structure, I suggest not performing any surgery at all.  Liposuction of the face can cause nerve, vessel, and gland damage.  Mid facial volume can be reduced through a procedure through the mouth, but has its own risks.  I suggest seeing a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist with experience in facial contouring procedures.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Facial Slimming

While there are procedures to thin a face, such as buccal lipectomy and perioral mound liposuction, your face does not appear to be one for which they would benefit. Your best procedure may be Botox injections to slim down the masseter muscles to educe the width of your lower face back by the jaw angles.

Facial liposuction

Thanks for your question.  Your facial structure is excellent and I would not advice any fat removal by liposuction or buccal fat pad excision. Facial liposuction is reserved for very carefully selected individuals as it has many risks. Any form of fat removal also has the disadvantage of causing a hollow look at a later age. You can think of some modification of masseter muscle by botox   if you want a slimmer look. I however find little need for any modification.  Good lu

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Liposuction is also referred to as suction-assisted lipectomy (SAL). Suction is just one way to remove fat. It happens to be a very good one except when it comes to the face because of the possible injury to nerves and glands. There is fat in the mid-cheek called buccal fat (buccal is cheek in Latin). This can easily be removed by making a small opening inside the mouth.

If your goal is to have less roundness in your face, then having some of that fat removed may be a good procedure for you. It is generally safe and easily tolerated. Any fat in your chin and neck can be liposuctioned safely.

Our practice is dedicated to laser liposuction, body contouring and fat transfer (fat grafting). We perform most of these procedures while patients are awake. We use no needles, no scalpels and no sutures. Recovery is easy.

I hope that helps.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Facial Liposuction

Lipsuction is specifically designed to address excess fat.  In your case the contour which you are describing is more related to your bone structure and muscles that are on top of them.  Liposuction as a whole can address areas such as the neck and the jowls but not commonly used for your correction.  I often have Asian patients with similar concerns and the correction can often be non-operative.  By using a neuromodulator such as Botox you can weaken the masseter muscle and thereby change the shape of the face to slimmer.  Another option is removal of the buccal fat pad through the mouth thus giving a slimmer face. 

Justin Heller, MD
Valencia Plastic Surgeon

Facial Liposuction Candidate?

From your photos, you do not appear to be a good candidate for liposuction. To understand your options, consult in person with an experienced and expert plastic surgeon. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Is Facial Liposuction an Option?

From your photos you don't appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of the face. You have very nice contours of your face, so I wouldn't recommend surgery. When a patient starts at a point where there is little to improve, the risk of looking "done" or looking worse can be very high.

Click on the link below to see a good candidate for liposuction and what surgery did for her.

All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

You are not a good candidate for facial liposuction.

Liposuction above the lower jaw is almost never indicated. It is possible that intraoral reduction of the buccal fat pad might improve some of the cheek contour.

Facial liposuction

Don't do it.  You are beautiful and any attempt to thin your facial fat will be a huge mistake.

Mark Eberbach, MD