What's wrong w my breasts? (photos)

Ok, couple things wrongs here. My breast Aug is comparable to a baseball in a sock. Not hard just saggy, 700cc, Dr. Made them way bigger than I wanted. They slide into my armpits. Double bubble. I have lots of chest and back pain, like my ribs feel bruised and the muscle has been pulled off. I'm embarrassed of the size. My breast Aug has been a major disappointment. What all possible problems am I experiencing and what are my options to repair this. I'm extremely uncomfortable every day. Help me

What's wrong with my breasts?

Thank you for your questions and for sharing your photographs.  I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  I do think revision surgery may be able to help with many of your symptoms, and would involve replacing your implants with smaller ones, narrowing the implant pocket to prevent them from moving into inappropriate places, and a breast lift to help place your natural breast tissue over the center of your new implants.  A breast lift would also remove excess breast skin and can place your nipple and areola into a higher, more youthful position.

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for the photos and it appears your MD placed larger then desired implants in the hopes of avoiding a lift and created the rock in a sock appearance.  This can be fixed by an expert in the field so go on some consults and be informed.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Large implants instead of a breast lift

It appears that you would have benefited more from a breast lift with the implants rather than just the augmentation.  Implants increase volume and will not provide a lift with the degree of ptsosis that you have.  It is likely that you will need a revision surgery to get the results you want.

700cc augmentation

I am sorry for your discomfort and experience. It appears that a larger implant was used to correct breast droop instead of a breast lift with a small implant. Reducing implant size and performing a breast lift can be safely performed. I would imagine such a procedure would improve your symptoms. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in implant revision. Good luck!

What's wrong?

Your situation is the result of a classical mistake in cosmetic surgery: trying to correct saggy breasts with big implants to avoid an uplift. It is a strategy that never works, and always ends in revision. In fact, the solution to your problem would be a revision with smaller implants and a full lift. It would add visible scars, but the improvement would be significant.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

What's wrong w my breasts?

Hello somethingtotalkabout and thanks for your questions. I'm sorry that you had to go through this situation and now your embarrassed about your breast results. There's no way to know what you and your plastic surgeon spoke about before surgery and what they told you about expectations. It will be difficult to second-guess not having been there, but I do suspect that you were told your breasts were saggy and that you "could get away" with a breast implant only at the time. I also suspect that you were told that a really big breast implant would "lift" your breasts when in reality they led to worse sagging and the classic "rock in the sock effect" that you described above. If I'm wrong please let me know, but I only say this because I see this kind of result in Scottsdale far too often from other surgeons. It looks now like you're heading towards revision surgery and removal of the 700 cc with placement of smaller breast implants and a breast lift. These are options that you should discuss with at least 3 board certified plastic surgeons in your area before deciding to proceed. Choose a surgeon that has nice results. Best wishes always, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Results

I am so sorry that you are unhappy with your results. Without seeing pre-operative photos, it's hard to judge, but it looks as if you might have benefited from a breast lift with an implant. Regardless, your current implants are too large and they are dragging your breasts down even further. Switching them out for a smaller size would be the easiest solution although this will not completely eliminate any pre-operative sagging that you had. Seek a consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) who can assess your situation in person and discuss revision options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Express your concerns with your surgeon

You should probably consider a revision surgery and you should make an appointment with your surgeon to determine the next course of action. You could have benefitted with a lift but it is hard to say without your pre op pictures. 

If you are unhappy with your surgeon, seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.

What's wrong w my breasts?

Without posting before photos so we could compare it is VERY hard to advise. Seek in person second opinions!>>>>>>>>>>

Contact your PS

Thank you for the question and photos.  It would be hard to assess your situation without pre op photos and an in-person examination.  Based on the photos, it seems your surgeon failed to correct the sag of your breast and just went with implants to increase the volume.  I'm not sure if this look or shape is what you want but you can discuss you concern with your board-certified plastic surgeon and see what you options are.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS