Can all these procedures be done in one day? What cost?

Hi I wanted to know what is and can all this procedures be done in one day... Bilateral breast augmentation with silicone gummy implants,bilateral mastopexies, liposuction to the upper and lower abdomen,bilateral flanks,panniculectomy and rectus diastasis repair, liposuction to the sub!metal anterior axillary and mid back? Who can perform it?

Can all these procedures be done in one day?

It might be possible to have all of those procedures done in one operation, but the length of time and amount of body exposure makes a big determination. You would not need liposuction of the upper and lower abdomen if you are having a panniculectomy and rectus diastasis plication. This is typically all covered in an abdominoplasty. Consult with a Board Certified, reputable plastic surgeon in your area to get a personal examination and quotes.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Can all these procedures be done in 1 day?

Thank you for your question.  It may be possible to perform these procedures at one time, but it will depend on the amount of time you would need to be under anesthesia in order to determine what all can be done at that time.  I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon for further evaluation of what procedures are best to achieve your goals and the amount of time required for surgery.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Thank you for your question. Multiple procedures not uncommon in plastic surgery. It depending on their medical health status and time required to do all these procedures. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Thank you for your question. It may be possible to complete all of your desired procedures, but in most surgeon's hands this will test the amount of time advisable for an aesthetically based case. An in-person examination is needed to make the best advice, so be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon

Combining cosmetic plastic surgery procedures is not uncommon. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, your medical history, the extent of the procedures, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures.  Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Many surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.

Having said all of that, many ethical well trained plastic surgeons would feel that the combination you are asking about is excessive and has significant risks factors if performed in one stage.

Keep in mind that following the advice of any surgeon on this or any other web site who proposes to tell you what to do without: examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, and taking a full medical history, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each operative option would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Before proceeding with a combination of these procedures, you should have medical clearance from your primary care physician and a discussion between him or her and your plastic surgeon.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Yes but but risks of DVT and Pulmonary embolus increased.

I would not do all of this at once but I am sure you can find a doc who will. IMHO too much risk and we have not even discussed your health history. Safe is better. If you are on the smaller side and do not need too much of a lift all of this surgery would take me about 5-6 hours and that does not include anesthesia time and flip time since you need to be placed on stomach first to do back procedure. When you say paniculectomy with rectus diastasis repair I think of insurance fraud since this is really a tummy tuck. Insurance does not pay for cosmetic surgery. Be careful and be safe! Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Body Contouring

While it is technically possible to perform all of these body contouring procedures in one surgery, the most important question is should it be done. This would be based on knowing what you like, your weight and health status and how 'big' the surgery is. Most likely such an extensive amount of body surgery would be staged separating the breast and the abdominal panniculectomy procedures.

Generally speaking, combination surgical procedures are done routinely.  However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery… The procedures you describe in your post would be staged (more than one procedure) in our practice.

It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY  of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance.  Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important  considerations. 
Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including  good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow. 

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the relevant Board of Plastic Surgery.

Can all these procedures be done in one day? What is cost?

Thank you for your questions. An actual examination would be necessary in order to determine the full extent/degree of each of your listed procedures. Also your overall medical condition and age are important factors which help determine how much surgery can or should be performed in one single setting. In general elective plastic surgery should be kept under 7 hours of total operative. This is simply for your safety. It is not possible to provide pricing information with actually examining you first. Visit a plastic surgeon within your area who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).