How can I get volume in the mid face? I lost volume in my face, should I get fat transfer? (photos)

Fat Grafting

Fat grafting can provide beautiful and natural results. In order to determine if a person is a good candidate, a plastic surgeon would require and in-person consultation or many photos from multiple angles, smiling and not smiling. Of course it is also important for patients to share health history with their plastic surgeon.You may wish to start by looking at many fat grafting before and after images and videos on Realself. When you find some surgeons with many before and after images you like, and videos that speak to you, visit the websites of plastic surgeons, check their education and credentials and start the consultation process. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Fillers, fat, sculptra and implants can be used to get improvement in this area.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

MIdface Voluminzation

With the degree of volume loss in the midface that you have the best method is to have custom midface implants placed. They are made form a 3D CT scan, will be permanent and will provide the best overall volume enhancement.

Mid -face Revolumization

Thank you for your question. There are many options available to you. You should see a surgeon who can perform computer imaging for you. That way you can see what is realistic with each option.You could start with commercially available fillers. Voluma is currently popular in the mid-face. If you have sufficient fat, fat transfer is also possible. If you decide you like the look of Voluma, a permanent implant is also possible.Best wishes.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon