Can I get a surgery (nose job) to get a nose like like a celebrity? (Photo)

I am looking to get a rhinoplasty done but I'm concerned of what I need look like. Can I show the Doctor a picture of a celebrity to kind of show what I am looking to get?

Good Rhinoplasty Gives Right Nose for Your Face; Not Celebrity's

You can use the photos of a celebrity when you consult with your facial plastic surgeon to give him/her an idea of the look you are trying to achieve. However, your nose is unique and the surgeon is going to need to create a nose that is in balance with your facial features. The purpose of a nose job is to create a nose that is in balance with your features and will enhance your natural beauty. The best way to communicate the goal result is with imaging morphing software.  That's why finding a surgeon who specializes in facial aesthetics is so important for this kind of advanced cosmetic procedure. I hope this helps.

Having a picture of what you would like is a great idea and helpful for your surgeon. However, you have to realize that there are many issues that will dictate your final result such as skin thickness and your bony and cartilage anatomy. Visit with a BS plastic surgeon for their opinion.

Rhinoplasty candidate shaved on dorsal home

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage.  It is impossible to give someone a celebrity nose.  It is possible to change the shape of the nose to make it look better on your facial features.  The tip of the nose can be reduced, the bridgeline  can be refined and made more narrow, and the dorsal hump removed all with a closed rhinoplasty approach, with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features.  For more information  and many rhinoplasty before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Pictures are useful to see the type of changes and result one would like to achieve with rhinoplasty surgery. But it is also important to understand that you can never look exactly like those pictures. How close or far you would end up depends on the natural anatomy of your nose. Your tissues are thicker than your ideal nose. So your nose shape would be a lot better but would not end up looking exactly like you want. 

Hello and thank you for your question.  While it is not possible to give you an identical nose to a specific other person, it is very useful to communicate your goals to your surgeon and certainly a photograph can be one of several ways to accomplish this.  Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nosejob to look like a celebrity

This is a great question!  The most important thing about your nose is that is looks good when considering the rest of your face.  Having said that, it is certainly possible to steer towards some shapes of noses than others based on a patient's preferences or photos she may bring in such as a celebrity's.  Frequently patients I see come in with photos of nose from magazines they find attractive.  From the photos, we are able to start great conservations in order to get patient to a good looking nose.

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Celebrity Nose

Hello and thank you for your question! While it is not possible to make your nose look exactly like anyone else's, it is possible to use what it is you like about her nose to communicate your goals to your plastic surgeon. It is important to understand that we can only work with what you have, and a nose that looks good on someone else may look out of place on you. A good plastic surgeon will take your preferences into consideration but also give you a good idea of what is reasonable, achievable and in good taste for you. If you know you will be unhappy with anything less than that exact nose, you may find that you may never be satisfied with your nose. 
My best advice is to consult with a few different plastic surgeons. Many offices, such as ours, have digital imaging so they can better communicate what kinds of changes you can expect from a rhinoplasty. Also, take a look at the surgeon's before and after pictures to see if you like the results they have created for others. Everyone has slightly different aesthetic preferences, so it's important to find a surgeon whose aesthetics align with yours. Finally, please check your surgeon's credentials. You want nothing less than a board certified plastic surgeon in order to get the very best results. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us!
**Did you know we are *live on Snapchat* every day? Dr. Nayak, (Aka The Nose Ninja) is St Louis' own plastic surgery reality show! Add us (@nosebynayak) to see what goes on behind the scenes. Caution – our daily story is addictive, contains live surgery, and is not for the faint of heart!**

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I get a surgery (nose job) to get a nose like like a celebrity

Rather than trying to look like someone else,  It is important understand what can and cannot be accomplished with your nose.
Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.It is near impossible to replicate somebody else’s nose because we all have different anatomy’s but you would definitely benefit from nasal refinement. I believe you may benefit from a hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Nose like a celebrity.

Thank you for your questions and pictures.  Schedule a consultation with a reputable board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area.  Your surgeon will be able to address your thoughts and concerns with a treatment plan. Best wishes. 

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon