Revision rhinoplasty? Build dorsum, project tip? (Photos)

My nose was overly reduced & I absolutely hate it. It has resulted in a smashed/pinned down appearance from the front but my profile also appears flat. I would like to outfracture my nasal bones& build back my dorsum to a soft hump or curve like before. Also my columella has been overly tucked. Can tissue be put back and extended out tip like prior? The nostrils are extremely flared which I'm hoping this will correct it. Please any guidance as to what my best options are to restore my appearance

Balancing the appearance of the nose

There is no question that getting the tip in the correct position will greatly enhance the look of your nose.  I think you nose needs to be balanced with some dorsal augmentation and more tip rotation.  Make sure your surgeon is comfortable with revision surgery!

Revision Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question.

First of all,  I always recommend discussing with your surgeon.  Imaging would be quite helpful to show you what changes could be made. This way you can see if slight nasal tip elevation may be a more to your liking . Dorsal augmentation could be considered but it appears to me that your nasal tip is slightly ptotic and makes your nose look slightly longer . It is difficult to comment on the base of your nose without a basal view. In any event , I'm sure you can achieve your desired result

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for achieving tip rotation and a narrower nasal appearance.

Based on your photos, you appear to have had your nasal hump removed, and this may have led to droopiness of your nasal tip which can cause a longer nasal appearance. Depending on your examination, your nasal appearance may be improved by rotating your tip upward, and narrowing your nose on front view for a less distracting and more feminine nasal appearance. Consider consulting with several revision rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you moving forward. Hope this helps you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon