Will a reverse Tummy tuck give me the results I want? (photos)

I lost 73 pounds about 10 years ago and I have a fairly long horizontal scar, which runs across my lower rib cage, from when I donated a kidney 26 years ago. I was told the only option I have for a tummy tuck is the reverse tummy tuck - he said that he could not do the standard one because of a chance the skin will die. I really want this procedure done to give me a flatter stomach but I do not want to go thru it if it's not worth it in the end. Will the reversal give me the same outcome?

Will a reverse tummy tuck help

Hello and thank you for your question. I certainly understand where your surgeon is coming from. Your incision is called a chevron incision used today for liver transplants.  It certainly will interfere with your blood supply. A reverse tummy tuck will help but not as good as a tummy tuck. A fleur-de-lis tummy tuck may be able to be done. That is with a vertical incision.  See if you can talk to your doc about that.

Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon