Tuberous or not? Will BA alone correct or is more needed? (Photo)

Current bra size: 38-40 A cup (still don't completely fill it out) ...would love more volume but shape correction is my #1 priority. In your opinion, is a lift needed? Thank you, in advance, for your time!! I am nervous, but excited...I have waited a long time for this! ❤

Tuberous or not? Will BA alone correct or is more needed

I see no reason for a lift but the size choices for you will be limited due to the short vertical distance from nipple to breast crease. Going with a wider implant than that can leave you with a double bubble deformity

Tuberous or not? Will BA alone correct or is more needed?

Yes, you appear to have tuberous or constricted breasts. A breast augmentation alone probably will not full correct the issues as the native breast tissue may likely herniate or protrude more into the areola.  This will require some additional incisions.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts? Is a lift needed?

It does appear from the photos that you have a degree of tuberous or constricted breast deformity.  However, you should not need a breast lift.  Often it is necessary to incise the breast tissue in breasts with your shape to help the tissue have a more natural shape.  This may sound similar to a breast lift but it is not the same.  Good luck

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous is a spectrum

Based on your pictures, you have a constricted lower pole with a mild tuberous deformity. The definition is somewhat subjective in mild cases. The key is to identify your individual characteristics, reconcile that with your goals (like size), and determine the best options for you. 

I do do not think you need a lift. I would consider using a textured silicone implant because you are more at risk for bottoming out long term as well as having the breasts settle widely. 

Also note that you have a wide sternum (breast bone) and widely spaced areolas. You do want to narrow the space here. The areola will stay wide; implants don't bring them closer. 

Good luck. Thanks for your question. These issues add complexity, but with meticulous planning you should be able to get a great result. 

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous and ?lift needed

Hi

Thanks for your question and best of luck with your upcoming surgery.
You definitely do not require a lift. The key to your operation is to stretch the skin out evenly as skin is what is lacking. It is sometimes necessary to expand the skin but from your images I think you may be able to get away without this.

Best wishes   

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Not tuberous.

You do not have tuberous breasts. Only breast implants are needed. However shape and distribution of your breast mound will impact final result.  Breast implants will not completely blend with your breast shape.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Tuberous Breasts

You have tuberous breasts and only a physical exam can determine how much constriction and tightness there is... however, by the pictures it appears like your degree of constriction is not extreme and so an implant alone may be possible.  If you wish to have your areola size changed then a circumareolar lift type procedure can help as well.  Your inframammary fold will likely need to be adjusted so the incision choice will be important and I would discuss this with your PS.

John Y.S. Kim, MD, FACS

Mild Tuberous Breast Deformity

Thanks for sharing your photos. It looks like you have a mild variant of tuberous breast deformities in that the inferior pole of your breast is constricted.

Radial scoring would be helpful to release the parenchyma to fill out your breasts at the bottom. It does not look like a lift would be necessary, but your nipples do appear to be widely spaced and at slightly different heights. Subfascial or submuscular pockets are both options. 

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Tuberous Breasts?

It appears that the base of your breasts are tight or constricted, which is one of the findings associated with tuberous breast. However, you do not have the other characteristics typically found in a tuberous breast. The important point is that you do not appear to need a lift but will need expansion of the base of your breasts. The technique and implant options can be explained during your consultation after a thorough physical exam as well as the expectations.

Tuberous Breast Augmentation options

Thank you for your question and photos. You do demonstrate some of the characteristics of tuberous breasts. Your Plastic Surgeon will likely want to release constriction around the areolas and may recommend an implant placed above the muscle to better reshape and fill out the breasts. You appear to have a good amount of tissue in the upper pole area of your breasts to provide cover for this placement and a nice natural result.

As others have stated, the position of your areolas is fairly wide and size/placement of your implants will be a factor. You may not be able to correct everything that you want but certainly improve overall shape and size of your breasts. These measurements and decisions must be made in person however. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this type of correction .

All the best