Best procedure to lift my cheeks, soften my nasal labial folds and reduce weight on lower half of half of my face? (Photos)

I'm 36 years old and have had the issues listed above since I was in my late 20s. Ive been advised that a deep plane facelift would produce desired results. Would that last longer then a mid face lift or other sort of face lift? I also wondered if something less invasive like ultherapy would be effective?

Unlikely Ultratheraopy would help. A subperiosteal midface lift would be your best option. to perform subperiosteal midface lifts.its operation uses techniques in craniofacial surgery. It can be performed alone, in combination with a facelift, or during the placement of midface implants.

Facelift to create a natural look and soften jawline

Thank you for your question. I have pioneered my Concept Facelift, which targets the SMAS muscle and skin, therefore giving the same longevity as a traditional facelift, however is performed under local anaesthetic.  This ensures a significantly reduced recovery period, with minimum swelling and bruising, therefore patients returning to their daily routines within 5-7 days. My reasons for pioneering this were because patients did not want the health risk of going under general anaesthetic (especially as is it not a necessity procedure), local anaesthetic or twilight sedation would be a great alternative, not only for health reasons but your recovery period will be shorter.  My patients will experience slight discomfort when injecting the local anaesthetic, then will feel very relaxed and calm throughout the procedure (please watch video). Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  All The Best 

Mini lift

A mini face lift that pulls up your skin from each side without going into the neck would help your deep nasolabial folds.  Including a high SMAS flap would fill up your cheeks and reduce your lower face volume. Best wishes, Dr. T

Best procedure to lift my cheeks, soften my nasal labial folds and reduce weight on lower half of half of my face?

Thank you for your question and photo.  He had excellent skin and do not require a facelift.  You do have loss of mid face volume.  Restoration of the mid face volume with Voluma injections into the cheek or midface region done by an expert should plump your cheeks and trade a more youthful look and also help the nasolabial fold.  Finan expert board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of dermal filler injections.

Soften your features

I would do a facelift with fat grafting to the cheekbones tear trough,, under the eyes and the nasolabial folds this would soften the features.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Oval or round shaped face

You have an imbalance between your lower face and your upper face.  You need volume restored and lifted to your upper face to balance your lower face.You have several options:
  1.  I would not pursue ultherapy for your facial shape
  2. Mini-facelift with fat grafting to build your cheek, nasolabial folds, and marionettes. I would add chin liposuction under your chin as well as along your jawline to sharpen your jawline as well.
  3. Fillers: 3-6 syringes
I would start with fillers and then move to surgery at a later date.

Best procedure to lift my cheeks, soften my nasal labial folds and reduce weight on lower half of half of my face

I think a cheek lift would yield the desired improvement. In a deep plane facelift you are unable to dissect the skin form the underlying tissue and that can lead to an unnatural appearance in some patients if they are pulled to hard or in a direction that is best for the skin and not the tissue

Julio Garcia, MD

Face lift - what kind?

Thank you for asking about your face ligft.
  • Based on your photos, you will benefit from a SMAS face lift + cheek implants to support the facial tissue.
  • The office resurfacing procedures like Ultherapy will waste your time and money.
  • Fillers - injected in the office willl give you some improvement and might be all you want done for the moment.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Best procedure to lift my cheeks and soften my nasolabial folds?

I would agree that a procedure to lift the deeper tissues in your midface would be necessary.  There are many forms of midfacelift, and in my view most of them are either insufficient, or worse result in an operated on look. I would recommend a form of deep plane facelift focused on the midface that could be performed through a short scar technique.  Although you are relatively young, the changes that I see justify consideration of surgery. Ultherapy or other less invasive procedures would not be effective.

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), jowls are present, there is some excess fat in front of the cheeks and the chin is weak.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed. My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.