How can I plump a "deep" philtrum? Will filler work?

My philtrum is too deep like that dip of the philtrum makes me look very odd in that area, like a monkey almost? can it be fixed with filler? Like plumped up perhaps. What about a permanent solution, would fat transfer be good to keep the results?

Doctor Answers 1

Filler yes fat no

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

it's very hard to use fat in this area because you just haven't got the fine detail possible with fat that is achievable with filler. Yes you have to keep doing the filler, but because of fibrosis with repeated filler injections then eventually you would not need to do it so often.

London Physician

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.