Full TT or Mini With Lipo? (photo)

I don't know what to do, full TT or just a mini with Lipo? I also want at least 600cc breast implants. IDK what to do please help advice please.

Mini Tummy Tuck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is an excellent question because it is a very common situation in plastic surgery of the abdomen!

First it is important to know that there are several different "definitions" of a "mini" tummy tuck. Most commonly, it means surgery below the belly button only (although it may also refer to the length of incision with surgery also above the belly button).

Surgery of the lower abdomen, as in a mini tummy tuck, will not address the skin above the belly button or the muscle weakness, as a full abdominoplasty will. But combined with liposuction, a lower or mini tummy tuck will improve the overall contour. I often tell patients that they will look much improved with a mini, but will not look as good without clothing.  Also, the time, cost and recovery of a mini can be significant less, so it must be considered.

For you it is a personal decision. And try to get in the best shape possible before any surgery!

Good luck.

Full tummy tuck would be necessary to achieve contour

Looking at the picture, you would need a formal abdominoplasty/TT. There is enough skin to warrant the excision. Although the scar is longer, it heals well. I'm concerned about the ability to incorporate your old scar given the perceived length of the belly button to your scar. Regarding the implants, I can't imagine your chest is wide enough to fit 600CC implants. Your plastic surgeon ought to be able to measure your breast base diameter and show you the diameter of the intended implant. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Full TT for the extra skin

Abdomen: A mini TT will not do anything appreciable for you, so I would recommend a full TT.  You will most likely have the "usual" TT scar, and likely a vertical scar in the midline due to how high your umbilicus (belly button) is relative to your existing scar.

Breasts: Those would be fairly large implants, and I cannot see existing breasts, so hard to say what is "right" for you.

It would not be unreasonable at all to do both operations at the same time.

Mini tummy tuck vs full tummy tuck

Because of your anatomy, you will benefit most from a full tummy tuck.

A mini tummy tuck would accomplish only a scar revision in your case.

You might be a candidate for a modified full tummy tuck if your primary goal was to keep your main scar low given the long belly button to pubis distance.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Full TT or Mini With Lipo?

I perform very few mini tummy tucks but rather utilize a short scar tummy tuck to remove more skin with the same length scar as a minitummy tuck.  It is a bit difficult to tell from the photo if you have a high belly button.  This may figure into the decision as well as the level of abdominal wall laxity.  The breast augmentation can be performed at the same time of course.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers and tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Full TT

Bsed on your photos you certainly can have a full TT. In my past, I have recommended to patients not to take a short cut in surgery. Get a consult from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. This is where you should start. All the best.

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  You may be a candidate for tummy tuck surgery,  not mini tummy tuck surgery.  You will do best  achieving a long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with surgery, if you are not already there.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.

What to know about full vs mini tummy tuck

A mini tummy tuck will not improve the upper abdomen other than some fat removal with liposuction. Based on the picture, I would be very surprised if this would give you a good result. Your belly button does look like it is high, which is often an indication for a mini tummy tuck with an "umbilical float" in which the belly button is detached from underneath and re-attached lower. Only a plastic surgeon examining you in person can determine if this is a reasonable option.

Richard Baxter, MD

Full tummy tuck for best contour

Based on these photos I would recommend a full tummy tuck with some liposuction of the flank (love handle) area. Once you are evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon you can plan your surgery accordingly. A mini tummy tuck would not give you the best contour.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Full vs. mini tummy tuck

A full or standard abdominoplasty removes excess skin above and below the belly button. A mini-abdominoplasty only addresses excess tissue below the belly button. You post a photo that only shows from the belly button downward and expect an intelligent answer. That is not possible. So now you don't know what to do and we do not know what to do. Furthermore you would not expect a surgeon you see in his or her office to recommend surgery after only revealing your below the belly button condition.

As for the breasts why stop at 600cc why not a 1000cc. It should not be what you want in size it should be what size can your breasts safely hold.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD