Nostril dents, flare, uneven after septorhinoplasty- 3 weeks post op

I am 3 weeks post op & as the swelling is subsiding I have dents on each side of my nostrils. I had a septorhino with tip grafts to slightly reduce the bulbousness of top tip. My nose is looking pinched already and I told him I wanted my front to remain same. My nostrils flare out now even though I asked if this would happen he said no. I have an appointment next month to ask. Are these dents going to go down with swelling? Is it cause of sutures? will my nostrils go in anymore & not be flared?

Early r

It is extremely early to be judging your result - your tip skin looks very thick pre surgery so your tip not surprisingly will hold more swelling and make the areas behind it look more hollow - everything else looks great so be patient

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty, nostril debts and flaring

This is an important question you are asking. First, I would agree with the other comments that it is too early to make any definite conclusions as to how your nose will appear at 6 months or after. Second, it is difficult to change the tip without making changes in the way the front of your nose looks. Third, have an open conversation with your doctor expressing your concerns--this will be very valuable for you and your physicians. 

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You are still quite early in your recovery period and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side may heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hi,

Thank you for your question. At 3 weeks your nose is still very swollen and it is hard to really judge what your nose will look like. I would give it time to heal and be patient. It can take a year to see the final results. Follow up with  your plastic surgeon if you have any concerns.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Post Operative Rhinoplasty Concerns

It's easy to over-analyze your rhinoplasty results when you look this good at only 3 weeks from surgery. Best to allow yourself time for a complete recovery and have confidence that your physician, whom you placed your trust, performed an excellent rhinoplasty consistent with your pre-operative wishes. Share your concerns when you see your physician and I am sure that you will be reassured that you are on a good path toward complete recovery. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon