Is Liposuction a good choice for me? (Photos)

I am a 30 year old female who has never given birth and do not plan on having children. My question: Do I need a tummy tuck due to the excess amount of fat. Am I too heavy for liposuction? Should i just diet and exercise more to lose weight overall before considering it. I have a consultation booked for 9/8 with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, but I just wanted to ask here, too. I know my tummy has always bothered my husband, also, so I am excited about options.

Liposuction or weight loss?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction or weight loss.
  • You are not too heavy for liposuction.
  • If the abdominal bulge is fat, you will get a nice result from liposuction alone.
  • On the tummy, you may also have genetically loose muscles.
  • If so, then some form of tummy tuck - maybe a mini-tuck - would be done at the same time. .
  • Diet and exercise will lead to all-over weight loss -
  • I suspect you would need to be underweight to have the flat tummy you want. 
  • So at your consultation, be sure your plastic surgeon checks your muscles as well as the fat and tells you if you need a tummy tuck or just liposuction.
  • Your photos are very helpful but this is an instance of your needing an examination to know for sure.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Is Liposuction a good choice for me?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, liposuction would be helpful in contouring your abdomen.  Tummy tuck would be indicated only if you have loose excess skin.  Just make sure that you want to have this surgery, not just your husband.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Is Liposuction a good choice for me?

Based on your photos alone I think you are a good candidate for liposuction or a Brazilian butt lift. Your best option is to consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Is Liposuction a good choice for me?

Based on viewing your pictures, you appear to be a good candidate for liposuction. Diet and exercise is always the best first option, as liposuction is not a weight loss tool. It is simply used to treat stubborn fatty areas and to contour. Please make sure that the decision to have any elective surgery is your and yours alone.  

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring -- FEMALE HI DEF CONTOURING

I suggest a formal consultation, if there is skin looseness this would have to be surgically removed.  If without, VASER 4D female contouring can give you a great outcome.  Dr. Emer.

Is Liposuction a Good Choice?

From your photos it appears liposuction would be very reasonable, although acomprehensive physical exm will better be able to determine this. Laxity or stretched out abdominal wall muscles will not be improved with liposuction, but this is the best way to rid oneself of unwanted fat after diet and exercise have failed, of course. One last sure to proceed with surgery if you yourself wants it; do not do this for your husband..

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Is liposuction a good choice for me?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Assuming you have little loose abdominal skin you look to be a very good candidate for liposuction of your abdomen and waist.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your desired goals and available treatment options.  Best wishes.

You are likely a good candidate for liposuction. You would need to be seen in person to be appropriately evaluated.

Is Liposuction a good choice for me

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you are a good candidate for liposuction. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.